Sunday, February 10, 2008


"Nothin Better To Do" by Leanne Rimes is an excellent music video!! It described my life before I got to college. With out the cool song and dance, of course. My parents are the type that don't want to let you out if they can avoid it! I literally had nothing better to do than plot my wonderful escape from the tyranny that I was placed in. I had some very ingenious solutions at the time! I was contemplating everything. From sneaking out the window to blowing up some play-dough, I had thought it all. I realized that that I didn't have any windows in my room, so that did away with that idea. I also lived in the basement, so it was a bit hard to blow up an outside wall. I was going to steal a spoon and dig my way out...after I got past the brick and cement layers!

In the end, though, I could never get away! The gates closed just as I was getting to them.

My advantage was my youthful persistence and the fact I was bound for college, soon!

I had realized, a little late, they actually go to bed pretty early, so I could just walk out the back door as soon as they fell asleep. But, in the town of Spalding, there is nothing to do after nine pm, let alone ten. Unless, it is the weekend, and the student populous is out drinking and carousing. Two things I have never done, and one of which I will never do.

I just wish I could incorporate the song and dance into everything. I love the little dance they do from 2:20 to 2:30. If you look at my life, you will see it isn’t quite that coordinated! And, I can’t sing to save it! So, where does that leave me?

1 comment:

Scott Way said...

I agree with the whole sneaking out of the house thing. I have done it a few times in my days while in high school. There are many times when your parents for just no reason will not allow you to leave the house at night. I mean when you are in high school I know that you parent might think all you are going to do is get into trouble because "nothing good happens past ten o'clock at night anyways" as some parents might put it. But I would have to say that that is when all the fun, not necessarily bad stuff, would go on. So I agree that sometimes you just have to sneak out of the house and stick it to the man. That man being you parents.