Friday, April 18, 2008

What did I get myself into?

I am a member of Theta Chi fraternity. After seeing this video, I started wondering what I really got into. One of the "actors" is a Theta Chi, the other is from Phi Kappa Tau. Observe:




See what I mean? Now, imagine that person being in the same fraternity as you! When we got our hands on this video, we didn't let Todd down for a month. Not only that, we also to have Phil. Nobody knows what to think of him. Sometimes he's "emo" sometimes he's more of a communist.
Granted, this was Breaking The Silence 2007. But still! He's wearing girl's pants!!! Phil is straight, too. We have no idea what to think of him!

Most of the people in Theta Chi are abnormal in some way or another. We have just about every major covered! No Theater majors, though. In fact, Theta Chi is pretty much the powerhouse of the Greek System. We control SAS, the Cooper Center, the Library, the Math Dept, Computer Services, Student Ambassadors, Weary Center, and Intramural sports. And, we have several members who are active in band, chorus, and just about every student organization. I think the only thing we don't have a hold on are PA's and minor on campus jobs like for the departments.

We are also known to the community more-so than the other fraternities because we are always doing service projects: Highway clean up, sponsoring, and just the other day, we aided with the blood drive, and most of the members donated blood. That's about 30 pints! Now, that may not seem like a lot at the time, but it's about 90 lives!

The guys here are all awesome in their own way. Some for brains, some for humor, some for the way they can't attract others. But, they all have something to contribute to the fraternity. I have my near limitless patience and kindness, and new perspective.
I'm glad I joined them, oddities and all!!

No comments: